Saturday, July 01, 2006

One of those Days

Dearest Mark,

It has been almost four months since you have left us. Each day goes by and sometimes I forget that you are gone, but maybe because you have never really left us. Each day goes by, slowly but steadily, sometimes I stumble into poignant memories and I sob like a child. It never heals, the pain of losing you, it never goes anywhere but here where it is sore. Deep in our hearts.

So many things I wish. I wish you could help me choose the tiles for my house which you designed. I wish you could help Aunt Toto with the construction of the mausoleum in Ilaya so she wont have to cry that Bayong doesn’t understand what she goes through. I wish that I went home last year during Kuya’s wedding, I would have spent more time with you. If only I know. But we are just strangers to the cycle of life, not knowing when someone is born or when someone goes away.

I wish for Zsa to find new love so her heart may heal and she be happy. I know you will be happy for her too. I feel her pain in some respect.

I keep listening to Don Moen’s “If you could see me now” and I find comfort in the thought that you are in a much better place than us.

I wish you are happy, I wish you are joyful.

We love you always.


Love
Ate Ping

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home